Thursday, September 2, 2010

About Me

Three interesting facts about me:
-my major is film
-i work at a hardware store
-i play piano, clarinet, and guitar

I signed up for this course because i love to read and haven't been able to with any of my other classes.
I'm not sure it's my favorite but a novel i really enjoyed was The Lovely Bones. I like how the reader got to see this family and their struggles through the eyes of their dead daughter/sister.
I really like mystery novels. When i read i want to not be able to put down the book and thats how i am with mystery novels. I want to know the ending therefore i can't put it down until i do.
When i read a book, i want to be taken to a different world. i want to be able to see the setting and the characters and hear what they sound like.
I have taken english classes throughout my entire school career. I tested out of english so i didn't have to take any courses in college but i have by choice taken two creative writing courses. This will be my first real english class in college where i have to read and write about what i read.
I think this class will be different just because we're focusing on one type of novel rather than studying several genres.
The only knowledge i really have is the twilight books. So i don't know what kind of perspective that gives me.
I'm already on facebook and myspace. I've had to keep several other blogs for a couple different film classes so i'm somewhat familiar with it. My experience has generally been positive. There are times when things don't work but that's to be expected with technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment